This truck, built by White Motors, served in the Chicago Fire Department as Squad 10, from May 1930 until January, 1941. It was one of ten similar units and responded to both alarms and rescue calls with a crew of four firemen and an officer.
Squad 10 shared quarters with Engine Co. 22 at 522 W. Webster Street, in the city's Lincoln Park area. After the truck was replaced by a newer vehicle, it continued to server for the next 21 years as Chemical 1, responding to fires that required the application of special chemicals for extinguishment.
This truck was restored in 1991 by Howard Brenner and Kenneth Little.